The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Teasing
Brother and Sister don’t agree about teasing. Brother thinks teasing is okay until he gets teased. He uses a lot of ways to handle it but when a new student arrives who gets teased more than him, Brother comes up with his best solution.
|| WITS Connection: Talk it out, Seek help
Click here to view a summary of the most common Provincial and Territorial Learning Outcomes associated with this lesson.
Questions and Activities
- What do you think this book is about?
- Have you ever been teased? How did you feel? What other ways are there to communicate other than teasing?
- What did Brother get teased about? Why did they stop teasing him?
- Why did Too-Tall start teasing Milton? What did Brother do to get it to stop?
- Did Brother change his mind about whether or not he liked teasing? Why?
- What else could Brother have done to deal with the teasing? How could he have used his WITS?
- When do you realize there is too much teasing? What do you do about it?
- Ask students to describe five good things about themselves and five good things about a classmate.